Location: New York, NY 10007
MS Shift is seeking a Purchasing Assistant/Supply Chain Specialist to join our growing team. The PA will be responsible for managing relationships with clients and ensuring their success with our software. This is a crucial role that requires a combination of relationship building, problem solving, and communication skills. You must be able to demonstrate that you are self-motivated, can work independently and take initiative and ownership for your area of responsibility. Your past experience will have given you first class organization skills as well as strong communication skills. You will enjoy working as part of a team and your customer focused attitude enables you to deal with people of all levels internally as well as with external customers and vendors. In a high energy, fast paced and achievement orientation environment, you need to be flexible and enjoy solving a variety of challenges and issues.
To apply for the job, please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter and your salary expectations to:
• Working with the purchasing manager to run the purchasing department
• Managing order requests, purchase orders, overseeing shipping schedules and maintaining purchase records
• Working with purchasing manager to compare deliveries with purchase orders to identify discrepancies
• Assist sales/success team with calls, or re-direct the call to corresponding team, and create ticket based on client requests.
• Create order requests and purchase orders upon receipt of signed quotation from client.
• Working with purchasing department to prepare and arrange shipments.
• Performing inventory control on daily basis.
• Using inventory data and forecast to determine purchasing needs and performing inventory management
• Attention to detail is a must!!
• Associate degree or B.Sc. in Logistics, Purchase and Supply, Business Administration or related fields are experience typically preferred
• 5+ years' experience of purchasing functions, inventory and supply management
• Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills, a good understanding of sourcing and the ability to maintain vendor relationships
• Direct experience with spreadsheet computer applications
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.